The definition of a term paper. How long does it take to write a term paper?
One of the goals of higher education is to teach a student to think independently and instill skills in scientific work. Therefore, students have to write a scientific work in every year of studying. The most widespread kind of scientific work that checks the student’s knowledge is a term paper.
A term paper is a coherent, logically sequenced study, independently performed by the author. It should cover the theoretical and practical aspects of the issue of the chosen topic. It has such a structure that includes the following parts: introduction, theoretical, analytical part, substantiation of proposals, conclusions, list of used literature, applications.
The total size of coursework should be not more than 45 pages of handwritten text. It is also possible to supply computer text (14 Times New Roman fonts, one and a half intervals, 2 cm fields) in the volume of 10-35 pages.
Placement of material in term paper is as follows:
- the title page, containing the name of the university and the student’s department, the name of the group, the name, and initials of the student who completed the coursework, as well as the year of the work;
- the individual task for coursework;
- the content of the completed term paper with page numbers, indicating the beginning of each item;
- introduction and purpose of term paper;
- The main text part divided into sections according to the task, each item contains a brief theoretical part, explaining the method of calculation and the variables appearing in analytical expressions, the method of calculation with numerical data and intermediate calculations, the result of calculation and a brief conclusion on the result. At the end of each section, draw a brief conclusion on the results of the calculations. At the end of the main part, make a general conclusion to the coursework, which compares the schemes considered in terms of cost-effectiveness, quality of service, as well as the accuracy and labor-intensity of the calculation methods used.
If the following information is interesting for you and you’re curious how long does a term paper have to be, how many pages should a term paper be, how to write a long-term paper or how long to write a 10-page term paper, just read the information below.
How long should a term paper be? How many pages does a term paper have?
How many words should a term paper be? That question is rather well-spread. Before answering it, we should realize some technical peculiarities of the term paper and know the aim of the writing. Speaking about the purpose of the paper we should notice that exactly that feature will help you decide what will be the size of your creation.
- How it’s written.
The common size of the paper is between 2500-3000 words. Most of supervisors and professors require such technical features as size 12, Times New Roman font.
2. A note on relevance.
Of course, if you picked an interesting and wide topic, you can go over the required wordage, but still, you have to keep the rule of the professor. The main reason for it is that he doesn’t want to spend his priceless time for checking your paper. That is why your paper should have the required word quantity, and in that case, it will be honestly evaluated.
3. The purpose and subject.
As a rule, students confuse these two notions. Before writing your task is to clarify for yourself the difference between these phenomena as they are crucial for your research paper. The purpose of your writing is based on the audience and problem. The subject is closely connected with the topic of the investigation.
4. The format.
Do not underestimate the format of the paper as it is the first thing that the professor notices. You should make the well-structured paper which will be good for reading. Moreover, we highly recommend you to use headings and subheadings as they help to make the structure more coherent.
5. The pages.
Considering all of these points, we can comfortably conclude that about ten pages are an acceptable length for a good term paper.
How long does it take to write a term paper?
Writing a term paper is a process that requires a lot of time. It’s hard to answer the question of how to write a long-term paper, as it depends on your knowledge of the specific field.
Let’s start with the fact that you need to choose the right theme for the paper. Typically, themes are given to students.
Make the right plan; it is usually standard: title page, content, introduction, main part, conclusion, attachments, list of literature.
Select the right information on the Internet and library. Do not forget to put links to information more often, so the work will look more solid. You can find some of the relevant term paper on the Internet and take information from there.
Do not forget about the practical part of the paper. Pay special attention to the list of literature. You should describe as fully as possible, all the sources that you refer to in the course.
Now you know the significant aspects concerning the length of the paper. Remember that the wordage should be equal to the quality. Your task is to follow not only the requirement related to the words but to write the content that will inform and attract the readers.