Writing a long term paper – not an easy task
Writing a term paper is one of the most important forms of the educational process. It is an independent scientific study and research of a student on a particular topic, aimed primarily at practical training.
Writing the term paper is hard work that can take a long period of time. It certainly is a piece of cake for the literary experts, but when it comes to students to write papers on a tough topic, it becomes a real problem. You have to gather all your sources of information, outline and structure your ideas into a coherent and convincing text. Then you need to write the thesis and according to the first and second draft before you finish your work. So, this is a long process.
But students are often faced with a problem when they think that they have used all possible material in their work, but the number of pages or word count does not meet the standards. But this is not a cause for frustration. The desired length for your paper may vary, depending on the nature of the assignment. You need to make your paper longer, or you’ll lose points off of your grade. Thus, we are going to give you several useful tips on how to make a term paper longer.
Hire a custom writer who has experience.
It's time for you to order amazing papers!
Some tricks on how to make your term paper longer
Here are some suggestions on how to write a longer term paper:
- Point out some places where you can insert additional information or add some ideas. There are always sections or areas of your term paper that you could easily expand with some extra information. You can add another example along with an analysis and explanation. Giving examples to further back your points is an effective way of not only providing evidence to your readers but also increasing the word count of your essay. You can even add in a whole new section or paragraph. This is one of the best ways to make your paper longer, because it actually adds relevant, meaningful content, rather than any useless text.
- Look at your content and sentence structure. You can find short sentences, and see if you can rephrase them to make them slightly longer. It is better to use complex sentences. If you do this in several places throughout your work, you can easily make it meet the minimum word count requirements.
- Try to explain something in another way. Offering an alternative explanation to your thesis will make your paper longer and will also help your reader to understand the material better.
- Include a summary sentence for each paragraph. You can go through the text and add a summary sentence to each paragraph or chapter, to sum up, what the main points of it were that your reader should remember.
- Try to use more quotations. Using quotes is one of the best ways to support your statements. You’re your sources as a way to give more evidence to your readers.
- Use transitional words and phrases. These words will help make your test coherent and confident. Some examples of the are: therefore, moreover, by the way. Hence, it should be mentioned, likewise, as well as, on the other hand, even though, etc. In this was your writing will be easier to read, and you will get closer to the minimum page requirement in the process.
- Write out contractions. Write out contractions wherever possible to increase the length of your text. For instance, instead of using “it’s,” write, “it is,” or instead of using “can’t,” write, “cannot.” It will also make your term paper more formal.
- 8. Use different variations with fonts. For example, you can choose a slightly larger font or adjust the font size. See which adjustment makes the biggest difference without being too noticeable.
- Use line breaks: Once again, this is a thing that can make your paper appear neat as well as long. Whenever you hit “Enter” while composing a document, try to hit it one more time, just to add a few line breaks and hence elongate the thing.
- Use the appendices. The using of appendices such as different pictures, schemes, drawings, tables in the term paper will not only make your paper longer; it also will make it more presentable and easier for perception.
Don’t underestimate the value of planning ahead. When you’re staring down, there are a few things you can do before you ever start writing to set yourself up for success.
- Do lots of research. The more information you have about your topic from at the beginning, the easier it is to write. If you have much interesting information, do not hesitate to use it at all.
- Create a rigorous outline. Planning what you will write in advance helps you organize your ideas and spot weaknesses in your arguments and ideas that you can elaborate on. Plus, it helps you write more quickly.
- Extend your topic if necessary. Sometimes, after researching or thinking about your topic and creating an outline, you realize that you still don’t know enough about your topic to draft a complete research work. This doesn’t mean that your approach is wrong; sometimes the information simply isn’t there.
It is not easy for students to create a term paper at the highest level in accordance with the requirements. So, do not hesitate to use the tips below on topic how to make term paper longer in order to understand how to deal with it. By following these tricks, you can easily bring your paper up to the right length.
Now you are armed with the useful and necessary information about the way to make the way to make the term paper longer. Hope it was informative for you. Do not hesitate and show your skills.